Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My name is Olivia Lynd Mohler! I am usually pretty easy to pick out in a crowd since I am a 6'2'' red head. I know sounds awful doesn't it? I obviously had no choice in the matter and it sure doesn't help having a 6'5'' father and 5'9'' mother. On the bright side I am really not that scary once you get to know me, so lets see if I can give a good first impression. I am from Vancleave, Mississippi. It is a very small town about forty five minutes away from Mobile. I have an older brother Trey Mohler who is also a giant standing at 6'6'' on a bad day. He is in the US military and I can not express how proud I am of him. He is also my best friend.

As long as I can remember I have been playing sports. I am on the volleyball team at South Alabama and it is one of the main reasons I decided to come here. I can not imagine my life without volleyball in it so I hope to continue to play after college. Eventually I would like to become a teacher and coach either volleyball or basketball. I have always been interested in teaching and coaching because I love the feeling when I help someone improve on a skill. I am a very loud and outgoing person and can have fun in almost any situation. I love to surround myself with people that have a personality similar to mine. I am an awful dancer and singer but that sure doesn't stop me from doing either. If you are lucky enough to witness me in action then you will know what I am talking about!

I think I have blabbed on enough about myself for now. If you would like to know anything else feel free to ask! GO JAGS!









7 comments:

  1. "I am a 6'2'' red head. I know sounds awful doesn't it?" Absolutely not! It makes you easy to find! And I bet it makes you abetter volleyball player!

    Did your brother take EDM310? Why do I recognize the name Trey Mohler?

    What about Part 2 of the assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your updates on Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia, I am sure you pull off being 6'2 and a red head without any problems. You also sound like a super cool girl. I played a little volleyball myself in middle school, we even won the championship all three years. So if you ever need some tips please feel free to give me a shout ;). Hope this semester an season goes well.
    Keith Tardibuono

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia,

    Wow! 6'2...I couldn't imagine how much attention you get on a daily basis! I think its cool though, it makes you different :). It's awesome that you play volleyball and are so involved in sports. Throughout high school I didn't play any sports. Although I wish I could, I'm not very athletic. I wish you luck at South and in your future volleyball career!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 0livia,
    I must say wow you are very tall! I can't image being tall I'm short averaging about 5'2. I'm sure you have gotten use to it with your family members being tall as well. I think your height is cool everyone is made differently and unique! "Red heads have a temper" is the old saying I must say it sometimes can be true My mom and older sister have red hair. I personally like the color red it's different. I never played sports in school although I did cheer all 4 years it's very different from volleyball. I love volleyball and watching it, but I personally am not at all good at it so I just watch! I hope the team does great this year! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a test. This comment should be sent to your Gmail account and to edm310comments@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are getting lots of complements about your height and hair in the comments above. You stand out admirably well!

    What about Part 2 of the assignment - Randy Pausch on Time management?

    ReplyDelete